Thursday, December 19, 2013

A Spell to Connect to a Totem Animal

We all have totem animals or helping spirits that assist us and walk with us in this life time. This spell will help you get in-touch with your totem animal and begin to forge a relationship with them.
Items Needed:
  • (optional) A physical representation of your totem animal- if you know it.
  • An offering of some kind- i recommend bird seed or something simple and edible that you can place outdoors.
  • A pen
  • A Journal
  • A Working Candle (this is a candle that you use for illumination for your altar or working space).
  • Matches
  • Candle Holder
Timing: No specific timing required.
Gather the required items and prepare your space in a way that is aesthetically pleasing to you. For this spell I recommend a quick cleansing of yourself either by smudging or taking a ritual bath or shower. When you are ready light your candle this is the incantation I use for my working candle:
I call out to the element of fire
to help me manifest my desire
Light the way as I cast my spell
insuring that all will go well.
When you have called in the element of fire. Take several deep breaths in and out and begin to relax yourself, meditation or journey work is an easy way to meet with totem animals.
Before the doing meditation or journey work I find saying an incantation or statement of intent helps me a lot prepare for the journey ahead of me. For this I have used:
Helping spirits I call out to you
My totem I wish to come through
a friendship i wish to create
let us use this time to communicate
You can use this meditation to meet with your animal: http://youtu.be/I3ppUi06y3Y Thank you Flora Peterson!
After you have met your animal take several moments to reflect on the experience in your journal or Book of shadows. You can then extinguish your working candle. Repeat this spell as often as you like this could be a way to talk to your totem animal. When everything is put back, go outside and leave your edible offering to the world this is a token of an energetic exchange plus a kind gesture.
©Katie McBrien 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment