Wednesday, December 18, 2013

A New Beginning Spell

This spell will help you start a new chapter in your life.
Items Needed: 
  • a white candle
  • a candle holder
  • water
  • salt
  • a small bowl
Timing: From full to dark
** I recommend doing this spell over a period of several days.**
Gather your required ingredients for this spell, the candle should be big enough that you can do this spell several times but not so big that you must sit at it’s side for hours. I recommend a tea light or small votive candle. Chime candles can burn down in as little as one and a half hours so that candle is perhaps too small. For this spell little personal preparation is needed because part of this spell is a cleansing and declaration of your intention to begin anew.
Before lighting the candle mix together some salt into the water- salt water has been used as a spiritual cleansing agent for years. Hold the salt water up in the air while intoning these or similar words:
Today I release myself from the past
I am ready to start a new life at last
This magickal mixture clears the way
all that is negative shall wash away
Begin to sprinkle yourself from head to toe. Really be sure to do the top of your head and the soles of you feet. You can repeat the above incantation as you do this work or not. Right after you are done light the white candle while saying these or similar words:
I step into the great unknown
I can see how much i have grown
I want a fresh start now
a new me I allow.
Allow the candle to burn for several minutes while you meditate,  i would also recommend writing down any insights that come at this time or perhaps doing a bit if divination (tarot, runes, etc) to see where the energy is flowing in your life and where you need some work.
©Katie McBrien 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment